Employees are the most valuable asset at Blue Harbour Boutique and our aim is to develop team members skills and help them to reach their potential. We are always on the outlook to identify, recruit and maintain the people with the greatest smile and passion to provide exceptional guest services, which characterizes the whole company.
Blue Harbour Boutique is seeking to recruit Executive Housekeeper.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides effective and efficient management of cleaning operations in assigned areas.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the department efficiently and effectively, with the goal to maximize productivity and minimize operating costs
- Works closely with Front Office and Engineering Department to ensure that rooms are blocked for maintenance needs.
- Coordinates training programs for cleaning and waste depot, fostering the career development of all team members
- Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of Standard Operating and Emergency Procedures for all cleaning activities
- Implements and monitors the quality assurance program to ensure that consistent cleaning standards are maintained
- Ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained for each shift rotation to meet the cleaning demands and maintain five-star service standards
- Ensures all housekeeping staff adheres to the established SOPs and procedures of the company
- Ensures housekeeping staff adheres to all security procedures and practices and follows grooming standards
- Manages waste recycling program, ensuring the housekeeping staff will support and implement the program
- Actively participates in health and safety activities to ensure workplace hazards are minimised and the health and safety of all employees are ensured
- Ensures all cleaning machinery is maintained as per the Repair & Maintenance (R&M) schedules to minimize the cost
- Ensures all consumables and chemicals are ordered and available as required
- Ensures pest control schedules are followed as per the contract and is effective
- Monitors the Wardrobe & Valet Laundry Department for the cleaning and valet of contract laundry
- Supervises closely all Housekeeping employees, delegates duties and responsibilities, and ensures that performance of their duties is in accordance with policies and procedures and health & safety standards
- Develops and assists with training activities focused on improving skills, knowledge and overall performance
- Ensures employees have a complete understanding and comply with the rules and regulations
- Boosts staff morale and provides mechanisms for ongoing performance feedback and development of the employees
- Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Rooms are cleaned and maintained in accordance with the established standards
- Recycling and environmental programs are followed, and positive results are achieved
- The organization’s SOPs and standards are adhered to
- Duties and tasks are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Guest satisfaction in relation to cleanliness is high.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years as an Executive Housekeeper in a hotel
- Degree or diploma in hospitality studies or related field
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language
- Responsible self-starter, capable of handling multi-faceted projects and of working under pressure
- Proactive and innovative problem solver
- Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and can communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Manage employees with positive “can do” attitude and flexible approach
- Has a high degree of integrity and strong leadership. Nurtures and develops employees with encouraging innovation
- Good personal grooming and presentation
- Good trainer, able to facilitate at all levels
- Is trustworthy, well presented, outgoing and highly motivated
- Motivates others to achieve business objectives and common goals
- Achieves agreed objectives and accepts accountability for results
- A competitive remuneration package for the right candidates according to qualifications and experience.
- Ayia Napa, Cyprus
If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Please fill out this form and we will get back with you shortly.